With Delhi chief minister announcing a complete lockdown from March 23rd to March 31, the department of and Heath and Family Welfare has come up with a detailed plan to facilitate the smooth functioning of essential services. Earlier in the evening, the chief minister announced a package of Rs 5000 for every construction worker to enable them to cope with the financial disadvantages which are bound to arise during a lockdown.
Following standard operating procedures have been laid down to ensure effective operation during the lockdown.
1 Government/PSU employees engaged /requisitioned for providing essential services- The employees of such Departments/Autonomous Bodies/PSUs of GNCTD engaged in providing essential services/activities as detailed in Annexure-I shall be allowed unhindered movement in and out of Delhi, on the production of their official Identity Card. Those employees of Government/ Autonomous Bodies/PSUs of GNCTD, who are requisitioned for providing essential services shall be allowed unhindered movement in and out of Delhi on the production of a pass to be issued by the offices of the DMs concerned/Divisional Commissioner/HolDs or any gazetted officer authorized by the GoDs in the prescribed format as per Annexure-II.
2. Outsourced and contractual employees/personnel engaged by Government Departments/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies in providing essential services Such employees/ personnel shall be allowed unhindered movement in and out of Delhi on the production of a pass to be issued, by the offices of District Magistrates concerned/Divisional Commissioner/ HolDs concerned or any Gazetted Officer(is) authorized by HoD, in the prescribed format as per Annexure-II attached herewith
3. Health Care Personnel of Private Sector All the health care personnel who are private employees vs. Private doctors/paramedical staff/lab technicians etc. shall be allowed free movement on the production of their employer ID cards. Self-employed doctors/ healthcare personnel shall be allowed movement in and out of Delhi on the production of official I-Card issued by their regulatory body/related government organization.
4. All other essential service providers in Private Sector Private personnel who are engaged in providing essential services shall be allowed to move in and out of Delhi on the production of a pass to be issued, by the offices of District Magistrates concerned /Divisional Commissioner/ District Deputy Commissioners of Police concerned/ HoD concerned or any Gazetted Officer(is) authorized by HoD, in the prescribed format as per Annexure-II.
5. Vehicles engaged in the transportation of essential commodities and vehicular passes for the private vehicles of the officials mentioned in category 1, 2, 3 and 4 above Private vehicles for the persons in category 1 and 2, must obtain passes issued by the offices of District Magistrates concerned/Divisional Commissioner/HolDs concerned or any Gazetted Officer(is) authorized by HoD in the prescribed format as per Annexure-III attached herewith. The vehicles engaged in the transportation of essential commodities and private vehicles for the persons in category 3 and 4 must obtain passes issued by the offices of District Magistrates concerned/Divisional Commissioner/District Deputy Commissioners concerned of Police/HoDs concerned or any Gazetted Officer(s) authorized by HoDs in the prescribed format as per Annexure-lII attached herewith.
6. Movement of general public The general public of Delhi is advised not to move out of their homes unless absolutely essential and the use of vehicles should be curtailed to a bare minimum. Movement out of homes should only be made for the procurement of essential services /commodities only, if necessary or for any medical exigency to a clinic/hospital. The movement will be allowed on a self-certification basis.
7. Delhi residents stranded outside Delhi The persons, who are residents of Delhi and are stranded outside Delhi for some reason, shall be allowed to enter Delhi on the production of any valid ID/Residence proof showing their residential address in Delhi.
8. E-PASS a). The e-pass (in the prescribed format as per Annexure-II) shall be issued to the persons coming from outside Delhi, in category 2 and 4, if needed, by the offices of District Magistrates concerned. b. The applicants can apply for such e-pass on Whatsapp to the authorized mobile numbers as specified in Annexure-IV or on the email ID dama,email@example.com giving their particulars along with relevant documents pertaining to their identity and essential service as the case may be. c. Such an e-pass shall also be received on the same Whatsapp number or email of the applicant and shall be valid.
9. 24/7 CONTROL ROOM – A 24/7 Control Room is being set up at the Office of Divisional Commissioner, GNCTD and also at all the offices of District Magistrates of GNCTD. An officer of the rank of ACP shall be available at all Control Rooms at all times to ensure proper liaison with the offices of District Magistrates on a real-time basis.
10. NODAL OFFICERS AT INTER-STATE BORDER CHECK POSTS An officer not below the rank of Sub-Inspector of Police and a revenue official of appropriate seniority shall be available round the clock at the inter-state border check posts at all entry points of Delhi, who will facilitate the seamless movement of vehicles engaged in the transportation of essential goods/services/commodities as well as the personnel engaged in providing essential services. The phone numbers of all such officers shall be made available to Addl. Chief Secretary (Home), GNCTD; Divisional Commissioner, GNCTD; Secretary (Health & Family Welfare), GNCTD and all District Magistrates of GNCTD latest by 0900 hours of 25th March 2020.